Wednesday, February 6, 2008

McCain as President?

Please read the following from my wife:

Hello Friends, Family, and Strangers, I know that voting is already done and gone for Illinois today, but for those of you that are in other states and you haven't voted in the primary election yet, I would urge you to read this and investigate CAREFULLY each candidate. This comes from a respected source that believes deeply in the sanctity of marriage, family, and God. I respect Dr. James Dobson and completely agree with what he has to say here about John McCain. (see below)

If you want more evidence and proof that Mitt Romney is a much better Republican candidate, I would encourage you to go to Mitt Romney's website, and goes to his "issues" tab and listen carefully to his policies on many different issues that our nation is being faced with. Yes, Mitt Romney is a mormon. But I would much rather have a sincere, honest mormon with a conservative moral compass to guide him, than any other candidate that claims to be something they are not.

For those of you that are democrates, I would encourage you to listen carefully to the democratic nominees, and try to guage whether or not what your candidates have to say is truthful. Or are they simply being "political?" It would seem to me that Obama and Hillary are more interested in telling you what you want to hear, so you won't have to research into what THEY actually believe. They have policies for our Nation that will not benefit us. Infact, they'll only add to the demise of our beautiful country. I'm sure I'll recieve a lot of crap for this e-mail, but I really just don't care.

I'm a simple, Christian, American woman with a husband in the military for over 13 years. I believe in the power of God, and family, and marriage between one woman and one man. I believe in being a partriot and supporting our military troops. I believe in supporting our president, whether or not we think his decisions were the best for our country in the war against Iraq. At least he made a stand. I hold my beliefs close to my heart, and encourage EVERY American to deeply question what this Nation stands for, and what it was founded upon. Ask yourself what presidential candidate is going to uphold those standards. Again, these are just my beliefs. Thanks for listening and God Bless.

Sincerely,
Ashley Stegherr
Romney Supporter


Dr. Dobson: ' I Cannot, and Will Not, Vote for Sen. John McCain'

As voters in 24 states head to the polls today to choose a presidential nominee, Dr. James Dobson released a statement to The Laura Ingraham Show today. He stated his personal opinions of this critical election:"I am deeply disappointed the Republican Party seems poised to select a nominee who did not support a Constitutional amendment to protect the institution of marriage, voted for embryonic stem-cell research to kill nascent human beings, opposed tax cuts that ended the marriage penalty, has little regard for freedom of speech, organized the Gang of 14 to preserve filibusters in judicial hearings, and has a legendary temper and often uses foul and obscene language.

"I am convinced Sen. McCain is not a conservative, and in fact, has gone out of his way to stick his thumb in the eyes of those who are. He has sounded at times more like a member of the other party. McCain actually considered leaving the GOP caucus in 2001, and approached John Kerry about being Kerry's running mate in 2004. McCain also said publicly that Hillary Clinton would make a good president. Given these and many other concerns, a spoonful of sugar does NOT make the medicine go down. I cannot, and will not, vote for Sen. John McCain, as a matter of conscience.

"But what a sad and melancholy decision this is for me and many other conservatives. Should Sen. McCain capture the nomination as many assume, I believe this general election will offer the worst choices for president in my lifetime. I certainly can't vote for Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama based on their virulently anti-family policy positions. If these are the nominees in November, I simply will not cast a ballot for president for the first time in my life. These decisions are my personal views and do not represent the organization with which I am affiliated. They do reflect my deeply held convictions about the institution of the family, about moral and spiritual beliefs, and about the welfare of our country."

Around noon today, Dr. Dobson talked to national talk-show host Dennis Prager. He made it clear he was not endorsing anyone."Dr. Dobson's statement speaks for itself," said Gary Schneeberger, vice president of media relations for Focus on the Family Action. "He made it as a private citizen, and it reflects his personal opinion of Sen. McCain's candidacy and record. People can read into it what they like; all I see is his own personal 'straight talk' regarding why he can't vote for one candidate."

2 comments:

Danny Vice said...

Conservatives are beginning to amaze me in their inability to see what's really at stake here.

This election is about more than McCain and his inability to follow conservative principals - and that has been proven true a hundred times.

But how is handing the whole country over to liberals a suitable alternative to McCain?

There is a serious difference between McCain and a pure bread liberal who is bent on destroying ALL conservative values as well as our country with them.

Anti McCain commentators such as Rush Limbaugh have ventured the idea that perhaps we should sit this election out and let the Dems have a term in office, claiming it might pave the way for a future shot at a candidate he and others will like in four years.

Imagine the damage our country will endure if Democrats control all three branches of government for 4 to 8 years.

This would give liberals what they will treat as a clear sign from America that is it ready to move sharply to the left. Not slightly to the left.

My daughters will come of age in the next 4 to 8 years, and I'd rather have 50% of McCains ear than 0% of a destruction bent liberal's ear.

Cherry picking our candidate is exactly what got us INTO this mess, and if conservatives aren’t careful, they may throw the entire country into a liberal spin that can take a decade(s) to pull back out of.

There is no such thing as a quick recovery from 4 years of liberalism unchecked. We may be facing what will take years and years of damage to undo. What’s more, there’s no guarantee that it WILL be undone. Have conservatives completely forgotten Roe v. Wade and other extremely important issues? We need an allie on every core issue we can get.

Questioning McCain was right and highly useful for a time and a season. Many of us wish we had acted sooner to support Romney or Huck....

But staying home on election day allows liberals a pass to capture all THREE branches of Government. Do you want your kids growing up in that kind of environment?

I'm not asking anyone to sacrifice their own belief or convictions, but we have a serious serious problem here, that we can't afford to fall asleep on.

Give it some thought, friends.

Danny Vice
http://weeklyvice.blogspot.com
http://thalunatic.blogspot.com

Ian said...

Well said, view my previous post on McCain for my take on the subject. I'll probably still vote for him, because not voting for him is a vote for Obama or Clinton, which I can't conscious.