Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Passing

My maternal Grand-mother, Irene Tucker, passed away in her sleep early Monday morning. She and my Grandfather Eugene lived in Kansas until retirement. They then moved to Montana. My Grandmother was a cowgirl, painted, wrote poetry, gardened (her favorite was the yellow rose), and was full of life. Most importantly, she loved the Lord, and saw His hand at work in the world around her. She conveyed what she saw in her oils and words. Grandad Tucker passed away three years ago, and Grandma Tucker was my last surviving grandparent.

Whenever I think of Grandma Tucker, I will always remember when she and Grandad were watching me while Mom and Dad where at the hospital for the birth of Elise. I was 3 at the time, and for whatever reason I upset and I talked back to her, and then hit her. Now something you need to know about Grandma Tucker is that she didn't take disrespect from anyone. Well, you can imagine the beating I got. Who knew an old lady could move so fast? But, I did learn my lesson. Thanks Grandma, see you soon!

No comments: