Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Randomness

A quick note about the cartoon first. I hear Democrats, in this state anyway, say they're going to relieve the tax burden by taxing companies. But what that does is 1) drive companies out of state (or Federally, out of the country) to avoid the extra taxes, 2) slow down the economy by lowering profits (which companies use to reinvest, expand, hire new employees, etc), and 3) the taxes are still paid by individual consumers, they get passed through the company and onto the consumer in the form of higher prices on goods. Democrats also oppose tax decreases and are in favor of tax increases, even when decreasing the percentage of tax taken actually increases the dollar amount of tax collected. Why are Democrats so bad at economics, perpetually?

Soccer again last night. For the first time we were playing full strength, well, without subs still. Then early in the first half Andy came down chin first on an opponent's head and split his chin open. He had to leave to get stitches. We hope you're doing ok Andy. Then we were a man down for the rest of the game. However, we did pretty decent considering, only losing 2-1. Pam, Sam, and I went out for a pint after the game. We found a nice corner pub called Kuma's Korner. On their menu it says "death to bud light - seriously". They also refuse to serve miller light, or any other awful light beer. All they had were wonderful micro brews. Ahh, I'm home. Its only a block from where we play, so I have a feeling I'll be back.

In other news, you think your boss is bad? This guy shot his employees for asking for a raise. See the link for the article. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291489,00.html

Tonight, Sam, Erika, and new baby Owen are due over for dinner. Sam's promised to introduce us to Settler's of Catan (board game). I've heard a lot about it, and quite a few people are addicted to it so I've heard. So I'm excited, well, and excited for my wife's wonderful cooking too. I've also got a bottle of Greg Norman Cabernet Merlot. Marcelo introduced us to it a few months back and I've been looking forward to trying it again. Who knew golfers were so good at wine making? Here's his website: http://www.shark.com/gnestates/index.php

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you sweety. I'm glad that you enjoy my cooking as much as I enjoy cooking things for you!