Monday, September 10, 2007

Guard Weekend, Again

Last weekend was my guard weekend again. Ashley and the girls went with me to Peoria. I got a little sun on Saturday controlling F-16s in Havana Illinois. Saturday night we went and saw "Balls of Fury". It was funny in places, but we could have waited for it to come out on DVD. In my quest to become an officer I learned this weekend that my paperwork is finished and has been sent to State headquarters. I guess, if it gets approved, that from there it should take a couple/three months to get finalized and schedule me a school date. So, we'd be looking at March at the earliest for a date. Which is good, because I also learned I'll have to lose about 45 pounds in order to pass AMS (the officer candidate school).

In other news, my sister and her fiancee have completed their wedding website (http://www.eliseanddave.com). Feel free to visit, sign the guest log, etc.

And we mourn the first Bears' loss of the season. Hopefully, it'll be the only one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the posting on Elise & Dave. Heard from Sally Dillenbeck recently, Tom and his wife Karen have a toddler, Jacob. Their family website is www.jacobdillenbeck.net Thot, you might want to catch up with them.

Love, ~Mom~