Thursday, April 5, 2007

Confusion

Apparently not everyone understood my intention with the cartoon I posted yesterday. I thought it pointed out that the Democrats willingness to retreat from the war on terror and not fund the troops was equal to throwing in the towel to our enemies and making sure we lose. Similarly, when public opinion turned against the Vietnam conflict, congress decided to unfund the war forcing the withdrawal of troops and ensuring our loss. It seems to me that the Democrats' constant comparisons to the Vietnam conflict are a self fulfilling prophecy, especially as they go down a similar path of retreat. In my opinion terror needs to be confronted. If we pull back from Iraq and other places it only delays the inevitable, and will more than likely cost us more in lives and resources than if we confront evil now.

On a lighter note, it was my birthday yesterday. I turned 31. Unlike last year I didn't really notice, I was half way through the day until I remembered. I also spoiled my sister Elise's surprise of her engagement to a few folks she was trying to call. Oops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were both so busy in the weeks leading up to and following both of our birthday's that we almost missed them all together!

I turned 23 years old on March 22nd, and Ian turned 31 on April 4th. We're getting old huh honey?