Monday, April 9, 2007

White Easter


I hope everyone had a great Easter. It was a bit cold here, around 32 degrees. But more surprisingly it was the same temperature in East Texas were my in-laws live. It was 86 degrees there last week, then they had snow for Easter Sunday. So much for global warming... I've included some pictures below. I love the beauty of snow, even if it is a little late in the year for it, and completely unexpected for Texas.

These great pictures are courtesy of Mike & Lydia, my in-laws. Mike got a weather station for Christmas which he got mounted just in time for this amazing event. Hopefully his weather station isn't an attractor for all sorts of weird weather systems.

Ashley and I were pretty busy over the weekend. She was watching 5 dogs at 2 different houses in Wilmette. We also caught up on the normal maintenance, cleaning, laundry, etc of everyday life. Unfortunately though, it made the weekend seem like it was all cleaning up from the previous week and preparation for the week to come.
How does one slow down life? I'm hoping some of that will naturally happen with graduation. But I wish I had more time for my wife, more time for my family, and more time to pursue activities that interest us. Right now though, it seems like slowing down equals delaying or giving up on long-term aspirations. Is there a middle ground?

No comments: