Monday, April 23, 2007

The good, the bad, and the interesting

OK, for those who are reading my blog for updates on Ashley and my life rather than my political ramblings, this post is for you.

First, the interesting: Last Thursday Ashley and I attended an awards banquet at UIC, I received a scholarship this semester. So, we got all dressed up and had a wonderful dinner downtown. This last weekend was the usual mad rush to take care of errands and what not to get caught up from last week and get ready for this one.

The bad: Sunday after church as I was parking my truck we heard a "clunk" and then reverse no longer worked except to make interesting noises. So today we took it in and its going to cost us around $1500 at AAMCO. But that's almost $1000 better than what the first place quoted us. So, not great, but with this repair we should be able to get the truck to last another 4 or 5 years.

The good: This coming weekend I have an interview on Friday with a company in Cedar Rapids Iowa. So, Ashley and I are running over there for a 3-day weekend. We're talking to realtor, and catching up a with a few friends who live in the area. One is a friend (formerly Kelli Lee)from our church here that got married and moved over there. The other two are co-warriors from my guard unit who live in the area and work at Rockwell Collins. The company I'm interviewing with is called Geonetric http://www.geonetric.com/index.asp and Kelli currently works there.

No comments: