Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Day 2


I'll let this image speak for itself...
I've been asked why Iowa? Apparantely some are dumbfounded by that comment. Seriously though... A couple guys from my unit live there and after hearing them rave about it we decided to check it out. From what we've seen, and we haven't visited yet, there's a couple great mid-size cities; good schools, nice/affordable homes. After years of Chicago, I for one am ready for a place that's a little cheaper on the pocket book. And when Ashley and I start a family, besides the puppies, I think it'll be a much nicer place to raise our kids than Chicagoland. And if I hadn't mentioned it before, the cost of living is lower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog, so I'll add my little "two cents" worth in the comments section!

You can say "Amen" to the lower cost of living! Ian and I could actually afford to buy a house if we moved to Iowa. A big plus for us at this point in time. We're both tired of renting. And not that we don't love Chicago, and we'll miss it, but a change of pace might be nice. I, for one, wouldn't mind being in a smaller town. (Since that's where I come from, that's where I feel the most comfortable.)

It's just something that we're talking and praying about. Both Ian and I are feeling that God might actually be leading us in the direction of Iowa. Some interesting doors appear to be opening in that direction, and if Ian actually gets a reasonable job offer for us to go to Iowa, I would imagine that will be a major peice of confirmation that we'll need to actually make the change.

But, nothing is ever for certain. So just keep us in your prayers, and pray that God would make it clear which direction we are suppose to take, whether it is moving away or staying put.

Ashley Stegherr

Shanel said...

check out iowa city.
best place around!